Friday, September 9, 2011

Saturation: Compare and Contrast

Pictures Go!





































So, these are Black-eyed Susans. According to Wikipedia, the scientific name is Rudbeckia hirta, and some common names are: Brown-eyed Susan, Blackiehead, Brown Betty, Brown Daisy, Gloriosa Daisy, Golden Jerusalem, Poorland Daisy, Yellow Daisy, and Yellow Ox-eye Daisy.

So yeah, I took these a few weeks ago.....My favorite is the top one, because the background is more brownish than green, and I think it brings out the details in the flower better. And it's a super-macro, so of course there's more detail.

With these photos, I really couldn't decide whether I liked them saturated or unsaturated (left and right respectively). I look at the left one and think....that's really cool looking...then I look at the right one and think...wait, I like this one better. But, the left one is really colorful...and I like that one. I can't decide.

What do you think; rich and colorful, or faded and artsy?

3 comments:

  1. Rich and colorful. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you need to combine the best elements of both? O:
    Looking at the top photos. I think I prefer the right one, but I really like the sharp contrast in the lower petals in the left photo.

    ReplyDelete